ALL LETTERS AND E-MAILS GENUINELY SENT. ALL REPLIES PRINTED TO THOSE NOT BURNT, SCREWED UP, FORWARDED TO PSYCHIATRISTS OR SIMPLY MARKED "DELETE", "SPAM" OR "REPORT ABUSE"!

Tuesday 9 November 2021

Pay Up!

This business of flat owners having to foot the bills for the replacement of potentially lethal cladding of the type which majorly contributed to the deaths of 72 people at Grenfell Tower? Uuuurm....why?

If I buy a food mixer which is a tad explosive because it turns out it is largely made out of Semtex then would I be responsible for paying to get it made safe?

If I bought a lilo which, unbeknown to me or any other buyer, was inflated with pure hydrogen would my family have to pay my funeral costs should I accidentally drop a lit fag on it?

Maybe it's just me, and I know this sounds daft, but shouldn't the manufacturers of dangerous cladding and firms which fitted it knowing it was highly inflammable have to stump up the money to have it replaced?

Then again, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment